The RICAS2020 cavern does not represent a conventional tunneling problem, hence it is very important to predict stresses and displacements accurately. Therefore, a realistic numerical simulation procedure has to be developed that can consider sequential excavation of the tunnel, stress-free lining installation, and high-pressure conditions of the compressed air storage cavern.
- Simulation of the small scale (5 MW) test facility
- Circular compressed air storage tunnel of the RICAS2020 infrastructure
- Double lining support system
- Sequential excavation (top heading, bench and invert)
- Homogenous, isotropic material with the Mohr-Coulomb failure criterion used for the surrounding rock